Hunan Overseas Chinese Town Cultural &Tourism Investment Co., Ltd. Laiyan New City Project is located at the north gate of Hengyang City, Hunan Province. It is located at the confluence of Xiangjiang River, Zheng River, and Lishui River. It is an important site in the Xiangjiang Economic Belt. Through the introduction of OCT Group’s own brand, capital, technology and management advantages, the company plans to introduce the culture and tourism industry, develop primary and secondary markets to boost local development drive the development of the district, actively participate in the whole-city tourism construction of Hengyang City, and combine the characteristics of Hengyang with an international perspective. The high starting point will position Yancheng New City to become the world’s Hunan culture highland, the world-class cultural and tourism new city model, the national cultural industry demonstration park, and the Xiangjiang River basin ecological civilization demonstration zone.
As the first construction project of Laiyan New City, Xiangjiang Gate was meant to represent an international meeting room with practicality and entertainment, strive to be a famous landmark in the future. In order to attract brilliant ideas from the globe, OCT Group organized this competition.
Lawn along Xiangjiang N.Rd, Hunan OCT Happy Harbor Program, Shigu District, Hengyang City, Henan Province. East to Xiangjiang N.Rd; West to Happy Harbor; South to North 2nd Ring; North to Qilijin Rd. Covering the span of 150m*180m.
1. Main mission of this competition is design, 40 calendar days circle.
The main idea revolves around the word “Gate”. To show the cultural quality around Xiangjiang River in modern days, the designer must consider the modern aesthetic sensibility, and create Xiangjiang Gate as a landmark harmonizes with the surroundings, combine sightseeing, display, entertainment. In the end, the designer should submit the evaluate the Xiangjiang Gate investment.
(1) Brochure: All plan should be pact in a brochure in A3 ize, 20 copies;
(2) Display picture: 5 pictures, A0 size, all display pictures must be framed with light paper board, and sign the serial number in Arabic numerals.
(3) Digital files: All plans should have a digital file, submit through CD/ USB Flash Drives (4 copies) including project presentation （within 8 mins, mandarin dubbing or subtitle）, using formats in PowerPoint, avi, mp4, mpeg.
3. Projects review will take 2 months.
1. 28 Apr-13 May: Bulletin posted, designers sign up;
2. 40 days design period (including technological files and site review);
3. Site review will be around late May 2019.
4. Projects review will be held early Jul 2019.
1st place(the chosen project): will obtain the contract right, no additional bonus. Cooperation method, content, fees will be determined by both parties.
2nd place: ¥400,000;
3rd place: ¥350,000;
4th 5th place: ¥300,000;