The Tender for Schematic Design and Foundation Pit Design of CGN New Research Center (Tender No.: CGN-202203170005) has been approved by the record-filing authority. The project funding is self-financed by the enterprise itself. The tenderee is China Nuclear Power Technology Research Institute Co., Ltd. This project has already met the tender conditions and is now open for bidding.
Project Overview and Tender Scope
A. Project Scale
The CGN New Research Center, which consists of 2 plots, covers a total site area of 71752.4㎡. The Plot I, land for scientific research, covers a site area of 33861.6㎡, and the Plot II, land for new industry, covers a site area of 37890.8㎡. The proposed total gross floor area of the project is 247185㎡ (in which the FAR-calculated area is 215455㎡). The functions include experimental factories and their supporting facilities, research offices and living facilities, etc
B. Tender Content and Scope
The tender project consists of 1 tender section. The tender content is the schematic design and the foundation pit design of CGN New Research Center covering a site area of 71752.4㎡, which includes:
- Based on the feasibility study report materials, complete the site planning, site analysis, schematic design of each building, curtain wall schematic design, parking and traffic schematic design, overall landscape planning and design, schematic interior design of main public space and investment estimation compilation, etc.
- Cooperate with the design development and the construction document design to realize the project effect. Provide design consultation to the owner and government authorities. Prepare and submit the evaluation materials required for the project approval and construction, etc.
- Foundation pit design (including foundation pit support, design and evaluation of earthwork and drainage), foundation pit engineering budget preparation, etc.
The foundation pit construction document design is allowed to be sub-contracted.
C. Planned Construction Schedule
- The winner shall submit the scheme design in accordance with the depth requirements of relevant regulations on the basis of the winning scheme before July 30, 2022.
- The winner shall submit the foundation pit construction documents that meet the requirements of the approval before July 30, 2022.
- The winner shall complete the evaluation of the foundation pit construction documents before August 30, 2022.
The design schedule shall meet the requirements of the project construction schedule and the construction needs, including the requirements of the tenderee to carry out the construction tender for foundation pit supporting and foundation treatment.
The final schedule is subject to the contract.
D. Design Fee and Honorarium
The bidding control price of this project is RMB 16 million (tax inclusive), the official tender documents shall prevail.
The total amount of honorarium is RMB 5.4 million (tax inclusive).
- The winner will be awarded a design contract;
- The 2 unsuccessful finalists will be paid RMB 1.2 million (tax inclusive) and RMB 1.0 million (tax inclusive) as honorarium, according to ranking;
- Each of the 4 shortlisted teams who did not make it to the final evaluation stage will be paid with RMB 0.8 million (tax inclusive) as honorarium.
- No honorarium will be paid to applicants who fail to pass the pre-qualification stage.
Qualification Requirement for the Applicant
- Basic Qualification:The bidding applicant (hereinafter referred to as the applicant) must be domestic or overseas entities with legal business registration. Individual or team of individuals will not be accepted.
- Qualification Requirement:The applicant must own a Class-A engineering design integrated qualification, or a Class-A architectural industry engineering design qualification, or a Class-A architectural industry (architectural engineering) qualification issued by the construction-administrative authorities of the People’s Republic of China, or the same corresponding qualification recognized by the registration places of overseas countries (regions). The foundation pit construction document design is allowed to be sub-contracted. The subcontracting entity must be a domestic design company and have the corresponding foundation pit engineering design qualification (Class-A engineering investigation integrated qualification or Class-A geotechnical engineering special qualification).
- Financial Requirement: Refer to the pre-qualification documents.
- Similar Project Experience Requirement:Refer to the pre-qualification documents.
- Credit Requirement:Refer to the pre-qualification documents.
- Design Team Requirement: Project Leader Qualification Requirement: The project leader should own a Grade-One registered architect qualification of the People’s Republic of China or the corresponding qualification recognized by the registration places of overseas countries (regions). For a consortium, the project leader must be the staff from the leading member. Provide the labor contract of the project leader and the social insurance payment certification materials from the last one year. For the major members of the design team, valid labor contracts must be provided.
- Other Requirement:
A. A consortium applicant (hereinafter referred to as the consortium) is permitted. The leading member of the consortium shall meet the qualification requirement in article 2, and the consortium should meet the following requirements:
- One consortium shall include no more than 2 members (including the leading member).
- Each member of the consortium shall not apply for pre-qualification alone or participate in another consortium, otherwise all relevant pre-qualification applications will be invalid.
- Each member of the consortium shall sign a consortium agreement according to the format provided in the pre-qualification documents, and clarify the division of workload and equity share of the leading member and the other. Registration Instruction for the consortium: Two common accounts may form a consortium. The leading member should sign in the ECP by the name of the consortium to submit an application for a consortium account. The consortium account will be valid once approved by the ECP-Supplier Service Hall.
B. Two or more entities whose legal representatives are the same person or have direct holdings in each other, may not apply for the tender at the same time.
Acquisition of the Pre-qualification Document
- Acquisition Time:Beginning: March 18, 2022, 14:00; Deadline: March 29, 2022, 17:00.
- Acquisition Method: The applicant should register on the CGN E-Commerce Platform (https://ecp.cgnpc.com.cn) within the acquisition time. Fill in the information of the authorized bidding contact person when registering. Overseas applicants need to contact the tender contact person for account registration. Provide relevant registration information according to the attachment of the tender announcement and send it to the e-mail of the contact person before 17:00 (UTC+8) on March 28, 2022.
- Applicant who has already signed up for membership of CGN E-Commerce Platform can apply for bidding directly. Otherwise, the applicant needs to sign up for membership of the platform before registration. Please refer to the CGN E-Commerce Platform for detailed instructions for signing up for membership. If the business license information of the applicant has changed compared with those when signing up, please log in to the CGN E-Commerce Platform to update the membership registration information in time.
- The applicant shall bear the responsibility if the applicant fails to update the registration information in time and affects the bidding of the applicant.
- After successful application online, applicants can download the electronic bidding documents online by themselves, and there is no need to upload the application documents for this project.
- Applicants should complete bidding application, download pre-qualification documents and relevant work within the pre-qualification document acquisition time, and the system will automatically shut down after the deadline. Applicants who fail to apply for bidding and download the pre-qualification documents according to the above requirements are not allowed to bid, and the tenderee has the right to reject their pre-qualification application documents, and those already received shall be treated as invalid documents.
Pre-qualification Application Document Submission
Submission Deadline: April 11, 2022, 9:00 am (UTC+8)
Submission Methods: This project adopts the method of offline bidding, and the pre-qualification application documents must be submitted to the submission site which is the Supplier Service Hall, 11F, North Building, CGN Tower, 2002 Shennan Boulevard, Shenzhen on-site or by EMS of China Post before the deadline. Refer to the pre-qualification documents for details of sealing methods and submission requirements of the bidding documents. The tenderee will not accept the bidding documents that are overdue or not delivered to the designated place.
Submission Address: Supplier Service Hall, 11F, North Building, CGN Tower, 2002 Shennan Boulevard, Shenzhen.
Opening of the Pre-qualification Document
Opening Time: The same as the submission deadline
Opening Method: Open on an on-site meeting
Evaluation Method: Limited shortlist (no more than 7)
Other Contents of the Announcement
A. Qualification Review Method:This project adopts the method of pre-qualification.
B. Media for Announcement Release: This tender announcement will be released on “CGN E-Commerce Platform” (https://ecp.cgnpc.com.cn) and “China Tendering and Bidding Public Service Platform” (http://www.cebpubservice.com) at the same time.
C. Other Important Note:
- This project does not accept on-site purchase of pre-qualification documents.
- For any questions, please contact the project leader of the agency.
The supervision department of this project is CGN Bidding Center.
Tenderee: China Nuclear Power Technology Research Institute Co., Ltd.
Address: Shenzhen Sci&Tech Building, Shenzhen, Guangdong
Contact Person: ZUO Peng
Agency: China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
Address: BM2220C, Daya Bay Nuclear Power Site, Dapeng, Shenzhen
Contact Person: LIU Jian
Co-Organizer: Shenzhen Position Spatial Culture Development Co., Ltd.
The announcement is published on AIMIR’s website now. If you want to know more following details regarding to this competition, please feel free to contact AIMIR. What’s more, you’re more than welcome to touch base with us if you need architectural visualization.