International Competition for Architectural Design of Shenzhen Conservatory of Music
Shenzhen Conservatory of Music is one of “Ten Cultural Facilities in New Era” invested by Shenzhen Municipal Government. With the demand for music and art talents in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, relying on CUHK-Shenzhen’s successful experience, Shenzhen Conservatory of Music will integrate advanced educational philosophies and establish an international, innovative, world-leading higher education institution for music and art. During the early stage, it will be a secondary college of CUHK-Shenzhen, and will apply to the Ministry of Education to become an independent higher education institution when it is ready.
The site of Shenzhen Conservatory of Music is located inside the Shenzhen Longgang International University Campus, next to CUHK-Shenzhen. Currently, most of the structures on the site are sport facilities, which will be demolished before the project construction. The site area is 73777 square meters, and the total gross floor area is around 129700 square meters. The tentative project investment is estimated at 1.75 billion RMB.
Core Design Content
Major programming Include teaching buildings, practice studios, library, theater (700-seat), concert hall (500-seat), rehearsal hall (200-seat), sports complex building, administrative office building, student dormitory and faculty dormitory, as well as underground space.
If the scheme getting the first prize is confirmed by the organizer that it meets the implementation requirement, the schematic design and architectural design development contract of this project will be awarded.
Work scope of contract (including but not limited to): schematic design, architectural design development, specialized schematic design and design development for acoustic and stage craft design; specialized schematic design in interior design, landscape design, signage system, floodlight, curtain wall, etc. Cooperate with feasibility study report, budget preparation and project approval; Cooperate with related approval work during the construction document stage and supervise on realization of the design.
This competition includes four stages: Invitation Stage, Open Call Stage, Design Competition Stage, and Winner Deciding Stage. After Invitation and Open Call, a total of 9 candidates will enter the Design Competition. The organizer will determine one first-prize or vacancy, 4-5 second prize and 4 shortlist prize.
Invitees (without ranking):
1) Applicants must be legally registered companies or organizations.
2) Consortium is permitted. One consortium shall include no more than 3 members (including the leading member). Each member of the consortium shall not further apply alone or participate by joining another consortium.
3) The consortium members shall sign the Consortium Agreement legally and specify the leading member, as well as work distribution, share of rights and interests during the project implementation phase if awarded with design contract.
4) Individual or teams of individuals will not be accepted.
1) One First-prize winner or vacancy: 2 million RMB (tax included). If the winning proposal is taken for implementation, the winner will be awarded the Schematic Design and Architectural Design Development contract and will not be awarded the bonus. 2 million RMB will be awarded to the winner if the proposal is not taken for implementation. Meanwhile, the organizer reserves the right to leave first prize vacant, and to reorganize the competition.
2) Four or five Second prizes: each gets 1.2 million RMB (tax included).
3) Four Shortlist Prizes: each gets 600,000 RMB honorariums (tax included).
4) The organizer reserves the right to request the top 5 finalists to further optimize their proposals during the Winning Deciding Stage. If so, an extra fee of RMB 300,000 (tax included) will be paid to each team for the work. If the contract is assigned to one of the finalists, the extra fee will only be paid to the rest of the finalists. If no need for further work before the final evaluation, such fee will not apply.
International Competition for Architectural Design of Shenzhen Conservatory of Music is now open for pre-qualification application. Design teams from home and abroad are welcomed to participate in this competition. The official platform for announcement, follow-up Q&A and addendum documents is the Shenzhen Construction Engineering Transaction Service website. For the official announcement and document download, please visit https://www.szjsjy.com.cn:8001/jyw/jyw/zbGongGao_View.do?ggguid=2c9e8ac273e77e5e01740b630fd63929
If you want to know further details, please feel free to contact AIMIR. We will reply to you ASAP. What’s more, you’re more than welcome to touch base with us if you need architectural visualization. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.