Basic information of the Project
- Project name: Open Bidding Project (Pre-Qualification) of International Solicitation of Overall Urban Design Integration and Enhancement and Downtown Area Detailed Urban Design of Dongyang City
- Procurement method: open bidding
- Source of funds: government investment
- Procurement demands
a. Project background
With the governance concept of “Beautiful China Initiative” proposed during the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, the “five-sphere” pattern of “ecological civilization, economic development, political development, cultural development and social development” has been formed, setting “nostalgic mountains and waters in sight” as the standard of beautiful development. In order to further build a beautiful China, the CPC Zhejiang Committee and Zhejiang Provincial Government issued the Decision on Building a Beautiful Zhejiang to Create a Better Life and Opinions of the General Office of the People’s Government of Zhejiang Province on Accelerating the Building of Modern and Beautiful Counties in 2014, defining a new urbanization path of “people first, synergistic development of four modernizations, optimized layout, ecological civilization, and cultural heritage,” and proposing goals such as building a pilot area of the beautiful China initiative and a role model of Jiangnan water towns, and reflecting the charm of “poetic and picturesque Jiangnan,” etc. In doing so, we aim at building modern and beautiful counties with Jiangnan features and Zhejiang characteristics, and realize the beauty of green ecological environment, planning and design morphology, complete facilities and functions, suitability for living and working, and social stability and harmony.
As the CPC Zhejiang Committee and Zhejiang Provincial Government define a new urbanization path of “people first, synergistic development of four modernizations, optimized layout, ecological civilization, and cultural heritage,” the urban system planning of Zhejiang Province positions city clusters in central Zhejiang as a new fulcrum for the integration of central Zhejiang. Under the context of regional coordinated development, Dongyang should rely on its transportation road network that matures gradually, actively integrate into the regional economic network dominated by Jinyi Metropolitan Area, build a new fulcrum for the integrated development of the metropolitan area, share same-city development with Yiwu, complement each other’s advantages, and work together to build an economic belt in the metropolitan area, so as to build Dongyang into a modernized city with complete functions and comprehensive development, a provincial-level renowned historical and cultural city, an advanced manufacturing base in central Zhejiang and an ecological and livable land, a pilot site for transformation of cultural advantages, a demonstration area for reform and opening up coordination, and a template place for high-quality transformation and development.
In order to enhance the scientific and reasonable territorial space planning of Dongyang City, effectively guide the urban development of Dongyang City, lead the future urban construction, and realize the preparation requirements of “operable, experiential and supervised urban design,” the CPC Dongyang Municipal Committee and Dongyang government put forward the overall regional planning of overall urban design. In combination with the demarcation results of three districts and three lines issued by the Ministry of Natural Resources, the six streets in the downtown area are determined as the planning range, and the scheme solicitation event of Overall Urban Design Integration and Enhancement and Downtown Areas Detailed Urban Design of Dongyang City is specifically held.
b. Project location
Located in the middle of Zhejiang Province, Dongyang City is a provincial-level famous historical and cultural city, one of the national Top 100 countywide economy cities, a national health city and a national garden city. “Three mountains embrace two basins, and two basins encompass two rivers” is the truest portrayal of Dongyang City’s landform. As a thousand-year-old town with a history of 1,800 years so far, known as “a prosperous county of Wu” and “a county with picturesque mountains and waters,” Dongyang boasts enriched historical and cultural heritage and is renowned as “the key magnet of education, architecture and arts and crafts,” as well as reputed for its film & television culture. The ecological environment of the downtown is sound, with the elements of mountain, river, stream, farmland and city reinforcing each other, depicting the most beautiful living environment of Dongyang.
c. Solicitation scope (see Design Brief for details)
- Conceptual overall urban design scope: Including holistic area of the downtown area (including the master plan scope of eastern expansion of the economic development zone, the master plan scope of the High-Speed Railway New Town and Chengdong Street), with an area of about 177 square kilometers.
- Downtown area detailed urban design scope
i. Detailed urban design scope in the solicitation stage, in accordance with the key areas scope of the downtown area (no more than 12 square kilometers in total) defined by the design units in Stage II of the design solicitation, is determined by the expert group and the Host in a comprehensive manner, with a total area of about 12-15 square kilometers.
ii. In the solicitation, the design development scope of the selected unit is from the junction between Dongyang and Yiwu to Zhanqian Road of Jinhua-Ningbo Railway, from Nanshan Mountain to Beishan Mountain (including Shanglu Block and Civic Center Block), with an area of about 84 square kilometers.
- Solicitation objectives
Nowadays, due to industrialization-driven urbanization and rapid economic growth, bottlenecks and problems of urban development have gradually emerged with the rapid expansion of construction framework of Dongyang downtown area, such as vague spatial mode of landscape city and gradual inundation of urban culture; urban functional plates are loose and not compact enough; urban image and style are inferior and lack of iconic urban business cards; the construction of urban industrial platform is poor with implicit space of three industries; the areas along the Dongyang River only focus on the construction of the landscape belt but lack an overall landscape coordination of the two banks of one river, and the vitality needs to be improved, etc. All these problems are constraining the further upgrade of the overall quality of Dongyang City.
The solicitation should be based on the three districts and three lines initially demarcated in the City’s current land spatial planning scheme, and focus on solving, but not limited to, the aforementioned problems. Through problem sort-out, target positioning, strategy formulation, action plan, project library and economic estimation, it will provide the orientation for Dongyang’s future urban development and guidelines for statutory plan revision, urban renewal and near-term development and construction. Objectives in the three following aspects are to be realized specifically.
- Conduct overall planning and unified coordination with relevant plans in Dongyang City. Based on the history and city-wide construction of Dongyang and combined with new regional development situation and local actual demands, form a more consensual urban development prospect and overall spatial framework of orderly and flexible development with international vision and forward-looking thinking. Focus on the control of environmental pattern and spatial system, with attention paid to undertaking the relevant mature plot planning at the same time and integration and interpretation carried out from the perspective of urban design.
- Combined with the city image shaping action and space optimization design like acupuncture, delve into natural ecological features and historical and cultural characteristics of Dongyang City. Deeply study the design standards of functional business formats, public space, public facilities, space morphology, transportation organization and other aspects that are compatible with the needs of urban development, improve urban cultural vitality and ecological livability advantages, attract innovative talent and gather innovative vitality. Pay attention to technological innovations in green ecology, smart city and other fields, with refined space design and prominent features of various scenes, so as to demonstrate future urban space quality and work and life style of Dongyang, and showcase the style of urban age.
- Advocate operable, experiential and implementable deliverables, customize practical and viable management and operation paths in line with the administrative system framework, and provide effective and unequivocal content guidance and control indicators for the work of “holistic, all elements, and all coverage” of national land space planning. Provide the decision-making mechanism, action plan and construction temporal sequence guidance that can instruct the update and subsequent implementation, form the action plan and implementation project library to facilitate the Project siting and department allocation for organization and implementation.
- Design contents
As the regional development environment evolves quickly in the new era, Dongyang is faced by increasingly urgent need of city quality upgrade. In recent years, Dongyang has done massive planning work on urban transformation and development and blueprint conception. At the same time, a large number of corresponding special research work is also being carried out in an orderly manner, including the layout planning of various cultural, educational, sports and health facilities based on urban construction, the green space system planning based on the construction of public open space system, the road network special planning that outlines the future traffic network at the macro level, and the action planning of renowned historical and cultural city targeting the old town of Wuning, etc. At the more micro level of plot development and construction, combined with the needs of market-oriented operation and government operation management, a large amount of detailed design and research work of small and micro plots has been carried out, fully reflecting the enthusiasm and foresight of government administration departments.
In the face of multiple planning intelligence deliverables, the solicitation event cores upon comprehensively coordinating with relevant plannings of Dongyang City, draws effective and feasible parts based on systematic sort-out, generalization and summarization. In combination with the new regional development situation and the actual local demands, a more consensual overall urban design development orientation, target strategy, layout structure and spatial morphology will be formed. To be implemented and operated via the operational capacity of the administration authorities, the solicitation will effectively lead the coordinated advancement of future urban development and construction of Dongyang downtown area and various management work.
a. Integration and enhancement of overall urban design
Adhering to the people-centered design concept, tracing back the path of Dongyang’s ancient city operation, with natural ecology as the basis, “Sanxiang” culture as the soul, characteristic industries as the source, and citizens’ experience as the orientation, clarify the image positioning of the development of Dongyang’s downtown area, formulate the overall urban design space framework, overall landscape framework, morphology pattern, public space system and style positioning and other overall urban design strategies, in a bid to create a livable space that shows distinctive features, inherits the old while accepting the new and is oriented toward people for Dongyang in the future.
b. Downtown area key areas detailed urban design
With organic integration inside and outside the areas, complementary functions and coordinated integration of spatial outlook as the core goal, formulate the principles and key points of the spatial order, scale and environment of Dongyang’s downtown area key; build the planning structure, functional arrangement, transportation organization, open space, underground space, building height control and other overall space systems of the Downtown area key, including the design guidelines for spatial organization, environmental landscape, architectural style and municipal facilities of key plots. Arrange plot division and development control indicators of each plot, and carry out refined design for the open space and public nodes, architectural morphology and landscape of key areas.
Applicant’s qualification requirements
- The applicant must be an independent legal person enterprise or institution legally registered at home and abroad. The domestic unit must provide a valid business license (a photocopy affixed with official seal), and the overseas unit must provide a valid business registration certificate (a photocopy affixed with official seal). The parent company, wholly owned subsidiary and its holding company of the legal person whose two and more legal representatives are the same person must not apply at the same time.
- Qualification requirements: applicants must have a Grade A qualification certificate for urban and rural planning (a photocopy affixed with official seal); applicants (at home and abroad) without Grade A qualification certificates must form a consortium with at least one domestic unit having Grade A qualification certificates for urban and rural planning to apply.
- The Project allows consortia to apply. Consortium members must not exceed three. All consortium parties must not participate in the solicitation event in their own names separately or form a consortium with other units. The institutions applying as a consortium should sign the consortium agreement. The application of individuals and individual groups is not accepted.
- The applicant should have one or more overall urban design and detailed urban design project achievements, and should provide the bid-winning notice and contract (the contract should at least include the first page, signature page, project overview and other key description pages, photocopies affixed with official seals).
- The domestic applicants should not be included in the list of dishonest persons subject to enforcement, the list of parties involved in major tax violations, and the list of serious violation records of law and dishonesty in government procurement, provide screenshots of the inquiry results on the websites of Credit China (www.creditchina.gov.cn) and China Government Procurement Network (www.ccgp. gov.cn) and affix them with official seals.
The design personnel participating in the Project should be the personnel on the payroll of the design institution. The chief designer must be the actually responsible person of the Project, and join the whole process of this international solicitation, including on-site visit, deliverables report, and review Q&A, etc. In order to ensure an accurate understanding of the background of Chinese region and relevant requirements, the Project planning and design personnel should include at least one member proficient in Chinese.
Submission of application documents
- Submission deadline for pre-qualification application documents: 14:30, March 6, 2023.
- The pre-qualification application documents (strictly following the requirements in Article 4 Submission of pre-qualification documents of Pre-Qualification Documents Chapter II Instructions for the Applicant) should be submitted to the Dongyang Branch of Jinhua Public Resources Trading Center by in-person delivery or courier delivery. The courier delivery must use EMS or SF Express, and other courier companies are not acceptable. The deadline for courier delivery or in-person delivery is 14:30, March 6, 2023, which is subject to the time of delivery to Dongyang Branch on the 14th floor of Jinhua City Public Resources Trading Center (it will not be accepted on non-working days, please ensure that the staff of the Trading Center receives the pre-qualification documents before the above deadline). If it is overdue, it is deemed that the applicant has quitted the pre-qualification application.
Recipient: Mr. He Tel: 0579-86691729
Recipient: Dongyang Branch of Jinhua Public Resources Trading Center
Address: Business Hall, 14th Floor, West Zone, Building B, 388 Yihai North Road, Dongyang City
- The contents submitted by courier or in-person are as follows:
- Applicants which adopt in-person delivery must hold the pre-qualification application letter (one copy, each unit of the consortium must affix its official seal or sign), the Identification of Legal Representative, the Power of Attorney and ID card photocopies of legal representative (one copy, each unit of the consortium must affix its official seal or sign) and submit them with well-sealed pre-qualification documents to the staff of Dongyang Branch of Jinhua Public Resources Trading Center.
- Applicants which adopt courier delivery must put the pre-qualification application letter (one copy, each unit of the consortium must affix its official seal or sign), the Identification of Legal Representative, the Power of Attorney and ID card photocopies of legal representative (one copy, each unit of the consortium must affix its official seal or sign) and well-sealed pre-qualification documents together in the courier package. The courier delivery must use EMS or SF Express, and other courier companies are not acceptable.
- The name of the applicant should be indicated on the outer package submitted in-person and delivered by courier, and the Pre-qualification application documents of “Open Bidding Project (Pre-Qualification) of International Solicitation of Overall Urban Design Integration and Enhancement and Downtown Area Detailed Urban Design of Dongyang City” should be marked as well. No stamping is required on the outer package.
Period of announcement
Five working days from the date of this announcement.
Other supplementary matters
If the applicant deems that the pre-qualification documents have impaired its rights and interests, it may, within seven working days from the receipt date of the pre-qualification documents (if the pre-qualification documents are received after the pre-qualification application deadline, the pre-qualification application deadline should prevail) or the expiration of the pre-qualification announcement period, raise questions to the Host and the procurement agency in writing. Where the applicant is unsatisfied with the response of the Host or the procurement agency or the Host or the procurement agency fails to give a response within the specified time, it may complain to the government procurement supervision and administration department at the same level within fifteen working days after the expiration of the response period.
The announcement is published on AIMIR’s website now. If you want to know more following details regarding to this competition, please feel free to contact AIMIR. What’s more, you’re more than welcome to touch base with us if you need architectural visualization.