Universiade i-Park, located in the core area of Shenzhen’s Longgang District, which is structured with “one core, two sub-cores and multiple fulcrums”. It is also part of the central cluster in Universiade Shenzhen-Hong Kong International Science and Education City. At present, the construction of educational, cultural and sports facilities around the park is gradually underway. However, the existing facilities of the site cannot meet the development needs of the area.
In order to further improve the environmental quality of Longgang District, to reshape the city brand and stimulate the vitality of the area, International Tender for Universiade i-Park Landscape Planning and Design will be launched soon. The project is now open for pre-registration. Design teams from all over the world are welcome to pre-regist
The completion of Universiade i-Park will help enhance the attraction of the Universiade Shenzhen-Hong Kong International Science and Education City to international talents. It will promote the integration of diverse cultures, and connect with the ecological corridors and surrounding functional areas. The concepts of low carbon, intelligence, ecology, vitality and inclusiveness will be embedded in the construction of Universiade i-Park, so as to build a distinctive brand, and present a new look of Longgang.
Universiade i-Park will be built into a city park integrating leisure, culture, landscape, artistry, ecology and innovation. In order to realize the connection with the surrounding natural resources and urban space, the park will take “intelligence” as the theme to carry out the improvement of functional facilities and greenway system, ecological restoration, improvement of the landscape, etc. The park will be integrated and linked with the surrounding functional areas of education, sports, arts, finance and residence. It is to be built into a model of international intelligent park.
The following key points are advocated in the design:
- Enhance accessibility of the park and achieve continuity of urban space.
- Embed intelligent and low-carbon concepts from landscape design, transportation, operation and other aspects, to create ecological intelligent corridors.
- Respect the natural base of mountains and waters, and ecological restoration should be emphasized.
- Propose landscape improvement strategies according to local conditions, improve supporting services and facilities of the park.
- Fully make use of the landscape resources, build a city viewing platform at the highest place, and shape the brand of Longgang parks.
The total site area of this tender project is about 103 hectares, including 3 plots.
Universiade i-Park is located in the central cluster of Universiade Shenzhen-Hong Kong International Science and Education City, with Shenzhen Universiade Center and Shenzhen-Hong Kong International Center on the east, Tusincere Tech Park on the north, and International University Park on the west and south, including Shenzhen Conservatory of Music, CUHK-Shenzhen, CUHK-Shenzhen School of Medicine, Shenzhen MSU-BIT University and many other institutions of higher education. The park has an excellent natural ecological base. It is connected to the large green corridor of Longgang Qingpingjing-Pingdi Urban Greenway, adjacent to Shenxianling Reservoir and Longkou Reservoir.
Diagram of Land Use and Important Utilities
Yanlong Avenue passes between Plot 01 and Plot 02. Wuhan-Shenzhen Expressway passes over between Plot 02 and Plot 03. The current site has low accessibility, poor internal road circulation and weak external connections. The current condition of the park lacks landscape focal points. The viewing pavilion on the hilltop has limited functions. The landscape resources are not fully made use of as well.
Diagram of Transportation Conditions
Site Diagram of Plot 01
Site Diagram of Plot 02 and Plot 03
Current Condition of Viewing Pavilion on the Hilltop
Current Condition of Shenxianling Reservoir
The project adopts the method of “open call”, which includes 3 phases: pre-qualification, design competition and final evaluation. The compensation is set for the shortlisted bidders that fail to win the bid.
Phase I: Pre-qualification Phase
The first phase adopts the method of “open review”. The Concept Proposal shall be the major reference for the evaluation. The tenderee will organize Pre-qualification Review Committee according to relevant laws. The Committee shall conduct a detailed review with full discussion to evaluate the Concept Proposal (major) and Company Profile and Credit Documents (secondary) of the applicants. The Committee will vote by open ballot round by round to determine 5 shortlisted bidders (without ranking) and 2 alternatives (with ranking).
Phase II: Design Competition Phase
The second phase adopts the method of “open review”. The project leader or chief designer shall conduct a presentation during the Scheme Review Meeting. The tenderee will organize Scheme Review Committee according to relevant laws. The Committee shall conduct a detailed review with full discussion to evaluate the design schemes submitted by the shortlisted applicants. The Scheme Review Committee will vote by open ballot round by round to determine 3 finalists (without ranking). The remaining 2 shortlisted applicants will receive the Shortlisted Awards.
Phase III: Final Evaluation Phase
The Final Evaluation Committee will be organized by the tenderee according to relevant laws. The Committee shall determine 1 winner and the ranking of the 2nd and the 3rd from the 3 finalists (without ranking) which recommended by the Scheme Review Committee. The winner shall be awarded the design contract; the 2nd place will receive the Excellence Award; and the 3rd place will receive the Shortlisted Award.
The tender scope is all-phase design of Universiade i-Park, including overall schematic design, design development and construction documents design.
The work content in the contract includes design works of all disciplines (such as landscape design, architecture, municipal planning, greenery, roads, bridges, geotechnical, structural engineering, M&E, water supply and drainage, HVAC, BIM, floodlighting, art installation, sponge city, smart transportation, sports fields, etc.) of Universiade i-Park. The design works include the overall schematic design (including budget estimation), design development (including budget preparation), construction documents design (including construction and technical documents, construction drawings and instructions), assistance with construction approval procedure, assistance with compilation of feasibility study documents, on-site construction supervision, compilation of as-built drawings, assistance with completion acceptance and evaluation, etc.
The winning contract is a general design contract. In terms of some specialized design contents such as architecture, roads, bridges, and sponge city, if the winner does not have the above-mentioned specialized engineering design qualifications, the winner may subcontract to the professional company with corresponding qualifications according to regulations. The design documents of the subcontractor must be signed and confirmed by the winner. The winner is responsible for the design documents of the subcontractor.
The design documents of each stage must pass the examination. The project leader/chief architects should be responsible for supervision and control of design and implementation of the project, cooperation of various disciplines and review of the drawings, signing for confirming the materials and samples related to the appearance during the construction phase.
The detailed work content is subject to the design contract.
Design fee and compensation
The tentative contract design fee is RMB 9318000 (tax inclusive) (about US$1,291,510), including the design fee for BIM technology application of RMB 800000 (about US$110,880). If the work content of the design contract or the submitted design documents does not include BIM, the design fee for BIM technology application will not be paid.
Shortlisted applicants that fail to win the bid will receive corresponding compensation if their submissions are approved by the Scheme Review Committee as meeting the design requirements of this tender. The awards and compensation (tax inclusive) are set as below:
- The bidding applicant must be domestic or overseas entities with legal business registration. Individual or team of individuals will not be accepted.
- Consortium bidder (hereinafter referred to as the consortium) is permitted, and the consortium should meet the following requirements:
- One consortium shall include no more than 3 members (including the leading member);
- The leading member should be the landscape design team;
- Each member of the consortium shall not apply for pre-qualification alone or participate in another consortium, otherwise all relevant pre-qualification applications will be invalid;
- Each member of the consortium shall sign aConsortium Agreement according to the format provided in the Pre-qualification Document, and clarify the division of workload and equity share of the leading member and the others.
- The applicant must have a Class-A Qualification Certificate for Landscape Architecture Engineering Design or Comprehensive Class-A Qualification Certificate for Engineering Design issued by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development of the PRC. For a consortium, at least one of the members must meet the above requirement on the qualification
- Two or more legal person enterprises or institutions whose legal representative is the same person, the parent company and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, and different companies that have a shareholding relationship with each other, shall not apply for Pre-qualification as different bidders at the same time.
- The applicant (or consortium) must designate 1 project leader and 1 chief designer in the Pre-qualification Application Documents. The project leader can also serve as the chief designer. The project leader/ chief designer must be truly responsible for and participate in the whole project.
The official announcement of this international tender will be issued soon. We welcome design teams from all over the world to pre-register.
The pre-registration deadline is 17:00, October 25, 2022 (UTC+8).
Pre-registration is for intention collection only, and is NOT official bidding application. Applicant’s information is subject to paper documents instead of pre-registration.
All information shall be subject to the official tender announcement released later.
Tenderee Bureau of Public Works of Longgang District, Shenzhen
Co-organizer Shenzhen Position Spatial Culture Development Co., Ltd.
The announcement is published on AIMIR’s website now. If you want to know more following details regarding to this competition, please feel free to contact AIMIR. What’s more, you’re more than welcome to touch base with us if you need architectural visualization.