Shenshan Industrial Internet Manufacturing Innovation Park situates in the west of Ebu Area, the western cluster of Shenshan Special Cooperation Zone. It is located at the intersection of Shenshan Avenue and Zhenmei Greenway with abundant natural environment resources and extremely convenient external traffic. In the future, it will be the western gateway of the Ebu Area and the comprehensive tourist service area. With a total area of 290,000 square meters and a total investment of about 7 billion yuan, it will be built into the first ultra-large-scale “industry-city integration” example of the era in Shenshan Special Cooperation Zone – the Industrial Internet Manufacturing Innovation Base, making it an important business card for Ebu Area and an ecological industrial park for living and working.
In order to ensure its high-level and high-quality design, Guangdong Shenshan Investment Holding Group Co., Ltd. is organizing the International Competition of Architectural Scheme Design for Shenshan Industrial Internet Manufacturing Innovation Park to solicit far-sighted, innovative and implementable design schemes while domestic and foreign design firms are welcome to take part in this event, so as to establish a development framework for Shenshan Industrial Internet Manufacturing Innovation Park with international vision and innovative concept.
The project is located on the north side of Shenshan Avenue, and starts from Zhenmei Greenway in the west to Chanye Road in the east, with GLA of about 290,000 square meters and GFA (count in plot ratio) of about 670,000 square meters. The competition contents mainly include:
1) Design Competition Stage: Architectural concept design of Shenshan Industrial Internet Manufacturing Innovation Park.
2) Design Stage after the Bid Winning: Architectural scheme design and preliminary design of Shenshan Industrial Internet Manufacturing Innovation Park.
1. This is an international open competition. Domestic and international design firms can sign up for this Competition, subject to no restrictions on qualifications, and consortiums are accepted, but registration submitted by an individual or a team of individuals is not acceptable.
2. Joint participation of outstanding design firms in various disciplines is encouraged. Partners applying in the name of a consortium shall meet the following requirements:
1) Each consortium should have no more than 3 members, and no member is allowed to register twice for the Competition itself or in the name of another consortium. Violation of this rule shall render the relevant tender invalid.
2) The members should sign a legally effective Consortium Agreement, which shall specify the division of work between members and way of distribution of the design fee.
3. Domestic design firms within the Chinese territory shall be independent legal entities with valid business license issued by relevant departments. Overseas design firms shall be independent legal entities or organizations, which are legally registered in the country where they operate. Legal entities (two or more) with the same person in charge, the parent company, wholly-owned subsidiary and its holding company, or companies that have management relationship, are not allowed to participate in the Competition separately. Those companies that have connection, shareholding or management relationship can partner together as a consortium to apply for this Competition.
4. The chief designer must take charge of the main design work of the project, including architectural concept design, scheme design, and preliminary design, as well as important briefing meetings required by the tenderee. If there is any inconsistency found between the actual chief designer and that in the name list submitted for prequalification, the tenderee reserves the right to nullify the involved design firm from being shortlisted and winning the bid, and hold such bidder responsible for corresponding legal liabilities.
The tenderee will establish a prequalification committee, who will carry out comprehensive review on the bidder’s qualification and achievements, the achievements and project experience of the chief designer and key design personnel, the proposed key team members and their project experience, etc. 5 design firms will be shortlisted to the next design competition stage (at the same time, 2 ranked alternatives will be selected; in case any shortlisted firm quits, they can take its place in order). If the number of valid bids is less than 7, the tenderee will reorganize the prequalification of the project.
2. Design Competition
The tenderee will set up a scheme review committee, who will review the schemes submitted by bidders by voting in rounds to select 2 recommended schemes (without ranking) and rank the 3rd to 5th places.
3. Bid Finalization
According to the provisions of (Shenzhen Gov. Document No. 73), the jury panel of final selection shall be established by the tenderee according to law to determine the winner from the 2 candidates recommended by the scheme review committee.
Project Schedule (Provisional)
The project plan and its competition schedule are as follows:
☆The timetable above is applied in Beijing Time. The tenderee reserves the right to amend the agenda.
☆The specific deadlines above are subject to the announcements on Shenzhen Construction Project Transaction Service Center.
The design firms, who have been shortlisted in the prequalification stage and whose submittals have been deemed as meeting the design requirements after the experts’ review and bid finalization, can win corresponding design fees according to their ranking:
1st place: It can win the contract of architectural scheme design and preliminary design, which includes the fee for organizing follow-up design integration and detailing workshops (not exceeding 2 times);
2nd place: It can receive design compensation of RMB Eight Hundred Thousand Yuan (¥800,000);
3rd place: It can receive design compensation of RMB Six Hundred Thousand Yuan (¥600,000);
4th and 5th places: Each can receive design compensation of RMB Five Hundred Thousand Yuan (¥500,000).
The design scope for the winning bidder is the architectural scheme design and preliminary design of Shenshan Industrial Internet Manufacturing Innovation Park (in which, the architectural discipline shall reach the depth of preliminary design). The design fee is subject to the price offered by the bidder in the stage of design competition, and the offer can’t exceed the controlled price of RMB Thirty Million Yuan (¥30,000,000).
All foresaid fees are tax-inclusive. The value-added tax rate shall be subject to the changes of the national tax laws and policies, and the price excluding tax won’t be adjusted if there is any change of the value-added tax rate. The tenderee may pay the design fee to each member of a consortium in RMB according the valid payment request documents such as the fee allocation schedule submitted by the leading party and confirmed by all members in the consortium, and value-added tax special invoice, etc.; Foreign firms shall authorize a domestic independent legal entity of PRC to receive the payment on their behalf if they cannot receive RMB on their corporate account; and the tenderee won’t bear any corresponding taxes.
If the tenderee or the jury panel considers that an applicant’s (including consortiums) submission fail to reach the required detailing level or meet the requirements on deliverables, the tenderee may correspondingly pay a part of or not pay the design fees.
1. Bidders (including the leading party and members of the consortium) must complete corporate information archiving in advance according to the management requirements of the follow-up procedures of Shenzhen Construction Project Transaction Service Center.
2. Registration information: Applicants please register first. The registration shall be finished before 17:00, Jul. 2, 2020 （Beijing time).
The announcement is published on AIMIR’s website now. If you want to more following details regarding to this competition, please feel free to contact AIMIR. What’s more, you’re more than welcome to touch base with us if you need architectural visualization.