As the first batch of demonstration bases for innovation and entrepreneurship in the country, Pidu District boasts ample science and education resources, and huge domestic demands for science and innovation enabled transformation. In particular, Qingshuihe River connects Chengdu Aircraft Industrial Park, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, a trillion-yuan-size electronic information base, Guodun projects, etc. Building the Qingshuihe River Pidu High-tech Section into a science and technology innovation corridor to lead the development of the western electronic information industry, and a demonstrative window showcasing Chengdu’s “science and innovation leadership, intelligent manufacturing enablement, college-locality co-prosperity, and industry-city integration” is of a profound development foundation and broad development prospects.
In order to earnestly implement the guidelines of the 15th Party Congress of Pidu District, be tightly centered on the target positioning of “Splendid Pidu, a Highland of Science and Innovation”, and anchor the overall layout of “one core, two corridors and three area”, Pidu District hereby solicits the Overall Planning of Qingshuihe Science and Innovation New City, Pidu District, Chengdu and the International Consulting Scheme for Urban Design from outstanding global design institutions, aiming at raising the innovation level, upgrading the industries and creating the park communities of Pidu District through the planning and design of Qingshuihe Science Innovation New City, building a Highland of Science and Innovation that is friendly for living, industry and innovation, creating a new future urban center and a new engine for transformation and development, accelerating the pace of independent technological innovation, propelling leap from an “entrepreneurship and innovation base” to a “Highland of Science and Innovation”, as well as creating an influential innovation source in the west, a visible industrial cluster, and a competitive talent habitat.
Adopting the method of global public solicitation, the solicitation sincerely invites top-level consultation and design institutions with planning and design experience from home and abroad to join, so as to eventually attain the Overall Planning of Qingshuihe Science and Innovation New City and the Scheme for Urban Design with high standard and high quality.
- Project name: Global Scheme Solicitation of Overall Planning and Urban Design of Qingshuihe Science and Innovation New City
- Project location: Southwest of Pidu District, Sichuan, China (including Youhai Street, Deyuan Street, Xiyuan Street and Pitong Street.)
- Project scale
21km away from Tianfu Square, Qingshuihe Science and Innovation New City is adjacent to Nanbei Avenue of Pidu District in the east, Wangcong Middle Road and Metro Line 6 in the north, Wenjiang District in the south, and Dujiangyan City in the west with a total scale of about 106 square kilometers, among which: The urban area is about 35 square kilometers, and the rural area covers about 71 square kilometers.
- Consultation content
The consulting work mainly includes two aspects: First, the overall planning of the Qingshuihe Science and Innovation New City, Pidu District； second, the overall urban design of the Qingshuihe Science and Innovation New City, Pidu District. It is required to form the overall consultation scheme that integrates planning and design and dovetails industrial functions and spatial morphology via unifying the overall planning and overall urban design.
Chengdu Shudu Urban Construction Co., Ltd.
Qualifications and Requirements of Applicants
1. Application requirements
This consultation adopts a global public application method. Design units/teams with relevant design experience in China and abroad may apply for participation. The following qualification requirements must be met upon application:
A. Applicants in China must meet the following qualification requirements:
- The design unit/team in China must have certification documents of legitimacy within the valid period of operation, and must be an independent corporate legal person or other organization or a legally authorized branch unit (if the applicant is an institution in Hong Kong, Macao, or Taiwan region), it must have a legal business and design license in its location)；
- The design unit/team must possess Grade A qualification for urban and rural planning preparation issued by the competent administrative department；
- The parent company, wholly owned subsidiary and its holding company with two and more legal representatives as the same person must not apply at the same time.
B. Applicants outside China must meet the following qualification requirements:
The overseas design unit must be a legally registered design unit in the locality (a copy of the domestic registration certificate of the enterprise affixed with its company fresh seal must be provided)
2. Participation method
- The design unit/team is allowed to apply in the form of a consortium. When applying for a consortium, a Consortium Agreement must be provided. The number of consortium members should not exceed two, and all consortium parties must not participate in the solicitation in their own names or form a consortium with other design units/teams.
- Institutions from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, China or foreign institutions independently participating in the consultation without Grade A qualification for urban and rural planning shall join with a Grade A qualified planning and design institution to complete the subsequent scheme optimization after being selected.
3. Team requirements
According to the characteristics of this solicitation, team members to be involved should be the registered personnel of the design unit/team, including but not limited to planning, architecture, and landscape professionals:
- If the design unit/team is an overseas unit/team, in order to ensure that the project designers have an accurate understanding of the Chinese background and related requirements, there should be at least one person who is proficient in Chinese among the project designers.
- The chief designers participating this solicitation need to be experienced in presiding design of similar projects, and must participate in the whole design process directly (the chief designer must have at least participated in the work report and scheme review report of solicitations in person). During the solicitation, if the chief designer does not match the team member profile submitted in the qualification review materials, the host has the right to cancel the participation qualification of the design agency.
Since January 1, 2017 (subject to the time of contract signing), there is at least 1 similar performance in planning and design, and the performance must be the winning bid (selected) plan that has been adopted and is being implemented or has been put into use, and provide contract or other proof materials.
- Application time of this consultation is 9:00-17:00 from January 8, 2022 to January 18, 2022 (Beijing time, similarly hereinafter).
- Application materials may be submitted via the following two methods:
Method 1: In-person
Applicants must deliver the completed application form, application materials and other paper-based documents of application materials to the following address: Attached No. 201, No. 148, Rongxiang Road, Sanhe Street, Xindu District, Chengdu City, Recipient: Ms. Liu, Ms. Cao, Tel: 189 8193 8999 (The delivery time of materials refers to the service time when materials are sent to the host, and documents received after the deadline will be rejected). The application materials should be preferably printed on both sides and bound in a volume, and the size of the text should be A4. Submit 1 copy of paper materials and electronic documents consistent with the content of the paper materials (affixed with an official seal, if it is a consortium, all members of the consortium must affix their official seals or sign)；
Method 2: Internet
Method 2: Applicants shall, before the deadline of application, send application documents such as the completed application forms and application materials in PDF format after signing and affixing their seals to the designated email: [email protected]. At the same time, applicants should take the initiative to contact and confirm the delivery status of the application materials, and bear the risk that the application materials may not be delivered in time due to accidents in the e-mail sending process.
3. For details of application material contents and requirements, please refer to Appendix 1 Global Scheme Solicitation Documents of Overall Planning and Urban Design of Qingshuihe Science and Innovation New City, Appendix 2 Application Form of Global Scheme Solicitation of Overall Planning and Urban Design of Qingshuihe Science and Innovation New City, and Appendix 3 Consortium Agreement.
A. This consultation is divided into two phases: Phase I — Open application and selection； Phase II — Scheme preparation and review.
- Phase I — Open application and selection
Issue global solicitation announcement for public application and select 3 finalist units/teams after the evaluation of selection jury (ranked in sequence).
- Phase II — Plan preparation and review.
The 3 finalists that pass the final review of competent administrative department should submit their deliverables in accordance with the Design Brief, and expound their schemes in accordance with drawing order； in combination with deliverables of the finalists, the jury conducts comprehensive comparison and review, and ranks the winning schemes for recommendation； the host shall report recommendations of the jury to the competent administrative department to determine the selected institution for undertaking the subsequent planning and design work.
B. The 3 units/teams that have submitted deliverables and won bonuses during the solicitation will respectively receive a bonus of 3 million yuan (including tax)； the eventual winner will receive a bonus of 8 million yuan as the fee of the service contract of this consultation and the scheme development (including tax).
Requirements of Design Deliverables
- Content requirements
Design deliverables should comply with relevant regulations, standards and design codes of the state, Sichuan Province and Chengdu City, including but not limited to the follow contents: Overall positioning, development goals, industrial development planning, spatial layout mode, phased construction plan, operational planning, etc.
- Specification requirements
All deliverables submitted by consulting design institutions shall meet the following requirements:
- The number of review boards is 8 (only 8 boards will be accepted), in A1 size (594mm x 841mm)； the drawing board shall be attached with a description of sequence or serial numbers.
- 15 sets of the detailed deliverable text, bound in A3 size with coated paper, may be attached with relevant drawings in A2 or A1 size (attached drawing paper type is decided by oneself)
- 2 electronic deliverables (in USB disc).
- Multimedia presentation files (PPT and other common video formats of Windows system). Presentation duration should be within 25 minutes, including 3D animated videos related to the project.
- Validity of design deliverables
Documents that are delivered before the specified deadline and meet the requirements of the Design Brief are deemed as valid design deliverables, while other documents under one of the following circumstances will be considered as invalid design deliverables:
- Design deliverables that are delivered after the deadline；
- Design deliverables with altered contents after submission；
- Where more than half (including half) of the expert jury members determine that design deliverables are not original, have been already published, are identical to other design schemes, or fail to meet requirements of Design Brief in terms of design deliverables’ extent；
Copyright Issues and Law
- The right of authorship in all design deliverables of the solicitation belongs to the design units/teams, while all submitted design deliverables will not be returned to the design units/teams. The host is entitled to use of all design deliverables for free, including announcement of review results after the review, as well as introduction, display and evaluation of design deliverables via media, specialized journals, specialized books or other forms.
- Design units/teams should ensure all contents in design deliverables are their original work without any materials infringing the intellectual property rights of third parties. In case of an infringement act, the infringing design units/teams must bear all legal consequences themselves, and will be disqualified from the solicitation.
- All materials (text, drawings, electronic data, etc.) provided by the host are protected by copyright. Any unit or individual must not copy, adapt, distribute, publish, lend or transfer these materials without authorization, otherwise corresponding legal liability will be ascertained according to law, and the unit or individual will be disqualified from the solicitation.
- Rules of this solicitation are governed by the laws of the People’s Republic of China. The solicitation work and all documents are subject to the Chinese laws. Should negotiation fail in case of a dispute, both parties agree to submit to the Chengdu Arbitration Commission for arbitration.
- Prior to the end of the solicitation, design units/teams or their designers must not disclose, publish or display design deliverables in any form unless the host permits, otherwise the corresponding legal liability will be ascertained according to law, and the units/teams or their designers will be disqualified from the solicitation.
- Right of interpretation: The host reserves the right of the final interpretation of this consultation and relevant documents. The interpretation language shall be Chinese.
Host and Contact Information
Host: Chengdu Shudu Urban Construction Co., Ltd.
Address: Xisheng Building, 28 Hegong Road, Pidu District, Chengdu
Contact person and contact tel:
Ms. Liu, Ms. Cao (Chinese): 028-83939083，18981938999；
James Quan (English): 0086-28-60200078
Link: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1vRP-yKiRVT89tapNjCJRMg Code: 7070
Appendix 1. Global Scheme Solicitation Documents of Overall Planning and Urban Design of Qingshuihe Science and Innovation New City
Appendix 2. Application Form of Global Scheme Solicitation of Overall Planning and Urban Design of Qingshuihe Science and Innovation New City
Appendix 3. Consortium Agreement