Architectural Design Scheme of Jiaxing International Exchange Center (Party School of CPC Municipal Committee).
Jiaxing is the starting place of the red boat of the Chinese Revolution, the birthplace of the “red boat spirit”, and the demonstration place for practicing the “red boat spirit” in the new era. In order to practically improve the conditions of Jiaxing Municipal Party School and build the main position of Nanhu Revolutionary Education, the Standing Committee of Jiaxing Municipal Committee has discussed the site selection of the Party School for many times to define that Jiaxing Municipal Party School shall be built in a different place and will share the same office with Zhejiang Redboat Executive Leadership Academy.
At the same time, in order to alleviate the space shortage of “Two Sessions” and major conferences of Jiaxing City, and undertake an increasing number of international political parties, cultural and economic exchanges of Jiaxing City, the Municipal Party Committee considers to construct Jiaxing International Exchange Center, the City Hall and the Municipal Party School as a whole, and share the facilities and functions.
The project is located at the starting place of the “red boat” of the Chinese Communist Party – the southeast side of the South Lake of Jiaxing, and the four range of the project is: north to Nanxi West Road, south to Linggongtang, west to Fanggong Road, and east to Jingshuiqiao Port (see the figure below). The land area is about 179,400 square meters, and the above-ground construction area is about 154,800 square meters.
This project is open to all design agencies with relevant design experience all over the world, and the pre-qualification documents shall be submitted. Through the pre-qualification, 5 – 8 shortlisted companies will be selected to participate in the collection activities, and the design scheme shall be submitted.
The applicants may register and submit the pre-qualification documents through two ways:
1. Register by mail. The delivery place is No. 306, Hongxing Road, Nanhu District, Jiaxing City (Jiaxing Institute of Land and Space Planning). The pre-qualification documents and list of information shall be sent by E-mail to E-mail: [email protected].
2. Register on site. The delivery place is No. 306, Hongxing Road, Nanhu District, Jiaxing City (Jiaxing Institute of Land and Space Planning). The pre-qualification documents and list of information shall be sent by E-mail to E-mail: [email protected].
Deadline for Registration
Beijing Time 17:00 of September 12, 2020.
Qualification Requirements for Applicants
1. The registered design units shall have independent legal qualification.
2. The domestic design units shall have Class A Qualification of National Construction Engineering, and overseas design units shall have corresponding qualification as well as the design performance and experience in similar projects.
3. The design team shall be constituted by professionals in architecture, planning, structure and landscape with successful experience in similar projects, and the team members shall have a higher level of registration qualification or corresponding qualification.
4. The Chief Designer of the design team shall be a senior staff who has presided over several similar projects. He or she shall be responsible for the design personally and participate in the site survey, mid-term exchange meeting, and the report of review meeting (the Chief Designer shall issue a commitment letter).
5. The consortium is allowed in this project； however, there shall be no more than 2 members of the consortium
(1) The members of the consortium shall jointly sign a consortium agreement；
(2) The members forming the project consortium shall not apply in their own names separately； and shall not join other consortia or participate in this collection activity as a consultant；
Note: 1. If the legal representative is two or more legal persons of the same person, the parent company, wholly-owned subsidiary and its holding company shall not participate in this collection activity at the same time； 2. No individual or individual portfolio is accepted by this project.
In order to facilitate the pre-qualification of each applicant, all information of the applicant must be true, accurate, detailed, and visual, so that the sponsor make an informed judgment to prove that the applicant can effectively perform the design obligation.
The applicant must compile the pre-qualification documents according to the following requirements and compile corresponding pages when cataloging. If various supporting materials provided are copies, the applicant shall stamp the official seal on the copies to verify its authenticity. Any applicant who provides false supporting materials will be disqualified from pre-qualification.
Note: all applicants shall compile the pre-qualification documents in accordance with the following order and make the catalog.
1. The Content Requirements of the Pre-Qualification Documents
The application documents shall be of A4 size (210mm × 297mm), printed on both sides, bound in softcover, and listed in a catalog.
(1) International Application Form of Architectural Design Scheme of Jiaxing International Exchange Center (Party School of CPC Municipal Committee) (The original shall be signed and stamped with an official seal, and members of the consortium shall fill in it respectively, see Annex 1, 2)；
(2) The copy of the business license (stamped with official seal)；
Note: if Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan regions or overseas design agencies cannot provide the supporting documents, the certificate of company registration shall be provided (Chinese version is required, which shall be sealed)；
(3) The valid identification document of the legal person (signed and stamped with official seal)；
(4) The certificate of authorization by the legal person and the valid identification document of the entrusted party (signed and stamped with official seal)；
(5) Company profile；
(6) In case of the overseas unit, it shall provide the relevant local professional qualification, identity certificate and certificate of authorization (Chinese version is required, which shall be sealed)；
(7) Consortium agreement: the unit who register in the name of the design consortium shall submit the “Design Consortium Agreement” jointly signed by the design consortium, and define the main unit who takes the lead in designing (stamped with official seal or signed. In case of a consortium, it shall be stamped with the official seal or signature of all members of the consortium)；
(8) Experience list of similar projects: the supporting materials of similar design projects shall be provided (the project contract or bid-winning document)
Note: no more than 10 achievements of each category
(9) Summary of designers, which shall define the team members and division of labor；
(10) The resume and supporting materials of designers, among which, the project leader shall work continuously at the registered design agency at least one year. The project leader and the chief designer shall provide the personal resume, professional qualification documents and documents of participation in similar projects. If the relevant performance is completed in other design units, it is necessary to specify and describe the work involved in the original design team, and the contact person shall be provided.
Note: the design agency (including the consortium) shall designate 1 project leader who shall be the final person to participate in the project. The project leader and the chief designer can be the same person. In order to ensure that the project designers accurately understand the regional background of China and relevant requirements, there shall be at least one person who is fluent in Chinese in the project designers.
(11) Other materials deemed necessary by the design agency (consortium).
All the above materials shall be true and valid, which shall be stamped with official seal or signed. If the registration documents are found to be false in the pre-qualification, the sponsor shall reserve the right to pursue further.
2. Special Requirements
The applicant shall be responsible for the authenticity of the pre-qualification documents provided. If the sponsor finds that the applicant provides false documents or is suspected of fabricating at any time before sending the notice of competition, it shall have the right to refuse the application or cancel the applicant’s competition qualification.
3. Veto Clause
(1) In case of one of the following conditions, the sponsor shall not accept the pre-qualification documents:
The delivery time and place of the documents do not comply with this document；
(2) In case of one of the following conditions, the pre-qualification shall be unqualified
- The applicant fails to meet the pre-qualification registration conditions；
- The consortium applies for it but fails to submit the consortium agreement；
- Two or more design agencies of the same group and its subsidiaries with the same legal representative submit the pre-qualification documents；
- Each member of the consortium applies alone in its own name while participating in two or more consortia.
1. Stage I: Registration and Pre-Qualification
(1) The sponsor shall form a pre-qualification review committee to review the pre-qualification documents submitted by applicants and recommend 5 units submitting the pre-qualification documents as the shortlisted units. If the chief designer of the company team is served by an academician or a winner of Pritzker Prize, it can be directly shortlisted without accounting for 5 shortlisted units. (There shall be no more than 8 shortlisted units, and 2 alternative design units shall be selected in order. If the shortlisted unit withdraws, the alternative design unit shall replace in order).
(2) 5 – 8 shortlisted applicants that have passed the pre-qualification shall submit the Confirmation Letter for Competition on time. If the shortlisted units withdraw the second stage, and there is less than 5 units, the alternative unit shall replace in order.
(3) If the applicant submitting the Confirmation Letter for Competition withdraws midway or ultimately abandons the application due to non-force Majeure, the sponsor shall have the right to refuse the unit to participate in any other construction project activities held by the sponsor.
(4) See the guidelines for the key points of pre-qualification in Part II of this document.
2. Stage II: Design Scheme Competition and Review
(1) The pre-qualified design units shall enter the second stage for the design competition.
(2) The applicant shall submit the result documents that meet the requirements of the design assignment. During the review, the project leader or the chief designer shall introduce the scheme and defend, explain the design concept, and answer the questions of the review committe
(3) Through the review, the review committee shall recommend the alternative schemes and put forward the review opinions on the alternative schemes, and the sponsor shall determine the final superior scheme after comprehensively considering various factors. After the later stage of negotiation, the final superior scheme has priority to enter the scheme deepening stage.
(4) Each applicant is only allowed to submit one design scheme.
Stage I: Registration and Pre-Qualification
The notice of pre-qualification and design assignment shall be released on September 1, 2020
The deadline for answering questions is September 5, 2020
The answers shall be officially released on September 8, 2020
The design agency shall submit the paper documents before 17:00 of September 12, 2020, and the registration is over.
Stage II: Design Competition Stage
The shortlisted units shall be announced on September 18, 2020, and site survey, as well as technical exchange, will be organized
The deadline for answering questions is September 25, 2020
The answers shall be officially released on September 30, 2020
The middle-term communication on October 18, 2020
The shortlisted units shall submit the result documents on November 10, 2020
The shortlisted units shall introduce their scheme and defend at the scheme review meeting on November 12, 2020
The final superior scheme shall be determined, and the result shall be announced on November 20, 2020
All times are based on Beijing Time, and the organization shall reserve the right to adjust the schedule.
The review address is Jiaxing City, and the detailed time and address will be notified by formal email in advance.
Scheme Collection Fee
The scheme collection fee shall be paid in RMB, and any taxes arising from the fees shall be borne by the design agency (consortium). After the review, the design agencies (consortium) meeting the design requirements will obtain the following scheme collection fee according to their ranking:
After completing the design scheme, the sponsor shall determine the winning unit after review and decision. 1 winner of the first prize will be awarded RMB 2,000,000 (in case of the design unit in the future, the design fee shall be deducted correspondingly)； 2 winners of the second prize will be awarded RMB 1,200,000 respectively； 2 winners of the third prize will be awarded RMB 600,000 respectively； other shortlisted units shall be given RMB 200,000 for compensation respectively.
If the shortlisted unit participates in the competition in the name of the design consortium, the sponsor will only contact and settle accounts with the leading unit. If the overseas design agency cannot use this agency account to collect RMB, it may authorize a legal independent legal person in China to collect the payment.
If the sponsor or the review committee holds that the result documents submitted by the shortlisted unit fail to reach the agreed design depth and achievement requirements, the sponsor may pay part or not pay the scheme collection fee accordingly.
The announcement of the international competition (tender) is released. Local and international design teams are welcome to make a pre-registration with us. If you want to know more about this pre-registration information, please feel free to contact AIMIR.
What’s more, you’re more than welcome to touch base with us if you need architectural visualization. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.