Jiaxing is located in the core area of the Yangtze River Delta, with flat terrain, balanced development, and good customs. Boasting a civilization history of more than 7,000 years, a written history of more than 2,500 years, and a city history of more than 1,700 years, it is the place where the “red boat” of Chinese revolution set sail, the national nuclear power industry started, and the Qianjiang tide surged. To implement the spirit of the Central Committee of the Party and the Provincial Party Committee’s Urban Work Conference, respond to the people’s new hope for a better life, adapt to the new requirements of high-quality economic development, and support the integrated development of the Yangtze River Delta (YRD) in a national strategic way, Jiaxing city has insisted on taking people as the center, carrying out the new development concept, deploying and carrying out the quality improvement work of central city. It has comprehensively improved the city’s function, quality, energy level and charm, and build an international well-known cultural city of Jiangnan Water Village.
Jiaxing’s central urban area covers an area of about 256 square kilometers. The key design area is about 26 square kilometers within Jiaxing City Central. The area of use of bus shelters is shown in the picture below.
The four sites involved in this competition are as follows:
Station 1: Central South Building Station
The proposed planning area is about 100 to 200 meters around the station, to the river in the south, to Zhujiagang Road in the north, to Xinqixiang Road in the east, and to the railway in the west.
Station 2: Chalon International Hotel Station
The proposed planning area is about 100 to 200 meters around the station, to Huancheng River in the south, to Xiexi Street in the north, to the roundabout at the intersection of Jianguo Road and South Huancheng Road in the east, and to Ziyang Street in the west.
Station 3: Shangwu Avenue & Wenxian Road Station
The proposed planning area is about 100 to 200 meters around the station, to the riverway in the south, to Wuqiao Road in the north, to Pumin Road in the east, and to the riverway in the west.
Station 4: Jianguo Road & Fudong Street Station
The proposed planning area is about 100 to 200 meters around the station, to Fuqian Street in the south, to Zhongshan Road in the north, to a road within a community in the east, and to Ziyang Street in the west.
(1) The appearance of urban bus stops can play a role in identifying the image of the city
The appearance of urban bus stops can play a role in identifying the image of the city, allowing people to form a cognitive transformation between the look of the bus station and the image of the city in a subconscious way, to make a direct and efficient connection between the outlook of the bus station and the local city.
(2) The look of urban bus stops can represent urban culture
A successful urban bus station design often goes beyond its own practical value, but becomes the business card of the city. As the first stop of communication with outsiders, the station has been endowed with cultural background and charm. This cultural value is often reflected in the following three aspects:
Commercial culture: The commercial culture of bus stations is largely reflected in the commercial advertisements displayed on them
Public welfare culture: Besides commercial advertisements, more and more public welfare advertisements appear on the information boards installed at bus stops. In addition to spreading the spirit and culture of public welfare, they also told the city’s unique humanism care wordlessly.
Regional culture: The bus station, which represents the city’s culture, is further enlarged, and it is also a manifestation of regional characteristics. For example, the bus station in Harbin presents a European style, and the bus station in Yangzhou is in classic style.
(1) Your design shall display regional characteristics, a sense of fashion and art, unique creativity, with strong visual impact and appeal.
(2) Your design shall be full of innovative spirit and a systematic extension of the brand’s visual image, facilitating the promotion of the image of Jiaxing’s central urban area and reflecting the city’s characteristics of “Red Boat” spirit, internationalization, canal complex and Jiangnan charms.
(3) Your bus shelter design shall have a transparent and open view, complete supporting facilities, and meet the requirements of relevant regulations.
(4) The function of bus shelters shall be multiple, humanized and intelligent. Besides basic functions (chairs, wireless monitoring, billboards, lighting, real-time information boards of bus stations, city LOGO spaces, etc.), the bus shelters in key areas shall consider the following functions, such as car-hailing with one-click service, USB charging interface, WIFI, multi-function intelligent query LCD screen, etc. For more detailed information, please download documents on our official website.
(5) Your design shall take the bus shelter lighting design into consideration.
(6) Guarantee the originality, exclusiveness and integrity of the intellectual property.
1.Entries can be submitted up to two, and it/they shall be presented in three A2 sheets in a clear, vertical way and in readable format (with a 10mm page margin) and include following parts:
A brief interpretation:
A scheme should include a site plan, plan, elevation, section, effect drawing, analysis drawing, material notes and description that can fully express the design concept, and drawings that the author deems necessary. The specific expression is not limited and you need provide 1000-word creative description;
-Registration No. shall be put in the upper right corner of the sheets, in Arial 20pt font;
-Elevation, axonometric drawing (rendering), detail drawing, model image or exploded drawing;
2. The editable source drawings in JPG format (no larger than 10MB for each) can be submitted;
3. A scheme title shall be named; the scheme shall be saved in the “registration No. – scheme title – sheet No.1/No.2/No.3” format;
4. A scheme shall be submitted in bilingual languages (Chinese-English) or English only;
5. A scheme must not include ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION (Name, Organization, School, etc.) that may give away your identity;
6. It is best to submit three drawings according to the following standards: Figure 1 is the site plan, including related description and overall analysis; Figure 2 is the streamline and users’ analysis; Figure 3 is perspective, other analysis, and organization of streamline nodes and related details;
7. Please do not compress your files；
8. The cover must be submitted online which should be a rendering of your design work; it must be uploaded in the size of 1024×768 pixels, 72 dpi, less than 2MB.
(Please confirm to the above Entry Requirements; any entry that fails to follow these items may be disqualified.)
★ First Prize
1 winner; 50,000 RMB (pre-tax); Certificate of Honor
★ Second Prize
2 winners; 20,000 RMB each (pre-tax); Certificate of Honor
★ Top 30
27 winners; Certificate of Top 30 Honor
2020.01.10 Call for entries 2020.03.10 Submission deadline
2020.03.16 Release of shortlisted winners
2020.03.24 Release of Top 30 & Public voting open
2020.03.31 Public voting close
2020.04.09 Release of Top 3 and the Champion
Deadline for submission: March 10th, 2020 23:59 (GMT + 8)
If you want to learn more about this competition, please feel free to contact AIMIR. We would gladly help you. Furthermore, you can find the latest competitions in China in our website and in case you need 3D rendering service for this project, feel free to drop us a line if I could be of help for you. Thanks for reading!