Taizhou, the birthplace of China’s private economy, is a dynamic and innovative modern coastal city. Jiaojiang River is the mother river of Taizhou, and the “One River, Two Banks” area is an important part of Taizhou Greater Bay Area construction.
Under the basic strategy of “Pushing Forward the High-quality Development of Taizhou under the Guidance of Modern Bay Area”, Jiangbei New Area faces new opportunities and needs to re-plan the development blueprint under the new development pattern. Through scientific research and judgment, based on regional characteristics and potential, to cope with the change of development environment, clear development ideas, gather multi-forces and guide the development of Jiangbei New Area with high-level planning and design.
This time, we will solicit innovative and practical high-quality planning and design schemes both at home and abroad. By first-class planning and design, exploring new potential, activating new elements, gathering new driving forces, and creatively responding to the requirements of “High-quality Development”, Jiangbei New Area will be built into “Place of Ancient-Modern Fusion Experience” and “Place of Good Life”.
（1） Scheme formulating stage
- Conceptual planning of Jiangbei New Area: To define the development orientation and strategy of Jiangbei New Area, explore the urban-rural relationship and implementation path, sort out key blocks and optimize the spatial pattern, form the overall feature of space, and arrange the development sequence in an overall way；
- The overall urban design of riverside district: Based on conceptual planning, to refine positioning and business type, anchor the framework of spatial structure, innovate spatial organization and physical feature, deal with important nodes and interface, establish implementation framework and so on. Under the systematic framework of the overall urban design of the riverside area, to focus on the design of the core area to guide its further development, construction, and operation.
（2） Follow-up scheme deepening stage
1. The applicant institute responsible for the deepening and integration work shall optimize and develop the scheme according to the opinions of the jury committee and the organizer, absorb the advantages of other schemes, and form a deliverable that is consistent with reality, advanced in concept, and complete in content.
Scope of Planning and Design
Scope of conceptual planning of Jiangbei New Area: About 91.4 square kilometers, including 62.2 square kilometers of Zhangan street administrative area and 29.2 square kilometers of Qiansuo street administrative area.
Scope of overall urban design of riverside district: about 24 square kilometres, including mountains, farmland and waters. East to Jiaojiang Second Bridge, south to Jiaojiang River Bank, west to Hangzhou Shaotai Railway, north to Jiaobei Expressway.
Scope of urban design of the core area: about 6.8 square kilometers, east to Huajing River tributary, south to Jiaojiang River Bank, west to Baijiapu, north to Jiaobei Expressway.
- This activity opens the application to domestic and foreign institutes that are legally registered and have the similar design experience to this project. The domestic applicant institutes must have one of Grade-A qualification of urban and rural planning formulation or Grade-A qualification of architecture and construction engineering； foreign applicant institutes must have one of the relevant qualifications of urban and rural planning or architecture design issued by the competent authority of the country, region, or relevant industry organizations. This project accepts an application by the consortium, but the consortium shall not have more than three members, and the members of the consortium are not allowed to apply separately on their own or form another consortium. If a foreign applicant institute consorts with a domestic applicant institute, qualification requirements for the domestic institute are the same as above. Applications by individuals or individual groups will not be accepted.
- The professionals involved in this project must be the currently registered staff of the applicant institute； the chief designer must have experience in directing several similar projects and must participate in the whole process of the competition activity. The project team shall be fully equipped with all professional types of work. The professional team of the foreign applicant institute should include at least one member who is proficient in Chinese to ensure an accurate understanding of the regional background and relevant requirements.
- The applicant institute shall provide complete prequalification materials in accordance with the requirements of the Prequalification Document.
- In addition to the above terms, when the competition organizer raises reasonable requests, the applicant institute shall continue to provide supplementary certification documents that meet the corresponding requirements.
Fees and Payment
After the applicant institutes submit valid application documents in accordance with the requirements of the Solicitation Document, the jury committee will review and determine the ranking of schemes, and the first two schemes will be the winning schemes. For the scheme formulating stage, the organizer will pay the winning applicant institutes a bonus of RMB 2.3 million (including tax)； pay the third applicant institute a compensation fee of RMB 1.5 million (including tax)； pay the fourth applicant institute a compensation fee of RMB 1.2 million (including tax).
However, the applicant institute who fail to submit application documents within the prescribed time, or whose application documents are not acceptable according to the requirements of the Solicitation Document, or whose qualifications have been revoked, will not be paid the design compensation fee.
After comprehensive consideration, the organizer will select one institute from the winning applicant institutes to carry out a follow-up scheme deepening stage of work. and will sign another design contract. The specific matters will be negotiated according to the arrangement of the follow-up work. The contract amount in the follow-up deepening stage will be controlled within RMB 4.7 million (including tax).
It is planned to determine the shortlisted applicant institutes in early May 2020, and organize the site survey and hold the project release e conference in mid-to-late May 2020. The chief designer and other team members of the applicant institutes are required to attend the conference. The design period of the scheme formulating stage is about three and a half months.
Any applicant who intends to participate in this solicitation activity shall register first. If you want to know further details about this competition, please feel free to contact AIMIR. What’s more, you’re more than welcome to touch base with us if you need architectural visualization. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.