At present, Dongguan is encountering three major historical opportunities, namely the construction of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, construction of the Pilot Demonstration Area of Socialism with Chinese Characteristics in Shenzhen and the Innovative Experimental Area for Supply-side Structural Reform of Manufacturing Industry in Guangdong. Thus, the CPC Dongguan Municipal Committee and Government have put forward the requirements of high-starting-point planning, high-standard input, and high-quality construction for Dongguan to attract high-end development resources and pool together key factors of high-end innovation, so as to implement the urban development strategy of “Thriving Dongguan, A Pearl in the Greater Bay Area”.
After 10 years of planning, Dongguan International Business Area, as the top priority among “One Center, Two Axes, and Three Areas” for the quality improvement of the downtown area of Dongguan, now is ready for development, in which, the Central Park and the blue & green axes, covering an area of 32ha in total, are the key to build a quality and humanized public space system and have a great influence on building a successful international business area. The Central Park is located in the International Business Area, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, PRC. It borders Dongguan Avenue in the east, connects with Yuanmei Park, the Administrative and Cultural Center and Huangqi Mountain Park by slow corridor through the green axis in the north, and in the south, extends to Nancheng Headquarters Base through the green axis, all of which have constructed an 8-kilometer slow-traffic green axis in the downtown area of Dongguan.
The research scope of this International Consultation is the 8-kilometer slow-traffic green axis in the downtown area of Dongguan, with an area of 7km2 approximately, and its design scope covers the Central Park, the Central Dynamic Axis and Xinji River Waterfront Leisure Axis in Dongguan International Business Area, with an area of about 320,000m2. Among them, the Central Park is enclosed by Wei 8th Road in the north, Jing 3rd Road in the west, Wei 10th Road in the south and Dongguan Avenue in the east, covering an area of 220,000m2; the Central Dynamic Axis (also known as the south-north green axis) is about 2km in length and 30m to 60m in width; Xinji River Waterfront Leisure Axis (also known as the blue axis) is about 1.2km in length and 25m to 50m in width and the green axis and blue axis intersect in the Central Park.
(1) This is an internationally open consultation and consortiums are accepted. Meanwhile, qualification is not required.
(2) Registration submitted by an individual or a team of individuals is not accepted.
(3) Domestic design firms within the Chinese territory shall be independent legal entities with valid business licenses or other organizational qualifications of PRC. Overseas design firms shall be independent legal entities, which are legally registered in the country where they operate. Legal entities (two or more) with the same legal representative, the parent company, sole subsidiary and holding company are not allowed to participate in the competition separately.
(4) The designer-in-chief shall be a senior designer at the level of director or partner of the company, who must be responsible for key design works of this project and important briefing meetings required by the Organizers, which will include the site visit & Q&A session, interim design presentation and final design review presentation, and the designer-in-chief shall attend the latter two presentations in person.
(5) The design team shall include designers with a professional background in urban planning, landscape, and architectural design (including underground space design), etc., or with corresponding project experience.
(1) Prequalification: The registration announcement and working rules of the International Consultation will be published to solicit design firms (including consortiums) globally. A prequalification committee will be set up to review the registration documents submitted by applicants, and 4 or 5 firms will be shortlisted to issue the Invitation to Draft the Concept Scheme.
(2) Site visit & Q&A: A site visit will be organized for the invited firms and a Q&A session will be held, which will be subject to the epidemic situation.
(3) Concept review: Experts in areas of urban planning, architecture and landscape, etc., will be invited to constitute the scheme review committee. With full discussion, the scheme review committee will select 3 recommended schemes to the Organizers for final selection, after reading the design brochures, watching multi-media demonstrations and listening to presentation and clarification by principal designers.
(4) Bid finalization: A bid finalization committee will be set up to determine the final ranking of 3 recommended schemes based on the experts’ review comments, and the first prize will be the winning bid.
Note: The timetable above is applied in Beijing Time. The Organizers reserve the right to amend the agenda.
The design fees of this International Consultation will include the design compensation and bonus totaling RMB Twelve Million Yuan (￥12,000,000.00), whose setting is provisional as follows:
(1) Design Compensation
The design firm with the Invitation to Draft the Concept Scheme can receive the design compensation of RMB One Million Five Hundred Thousand Yuan (¥1,500,000.00) (tax included), provided the submittals meet requirements set in the Design Brief and is evaluated by the scheme review committee as qualified.
After the experts’ review and final selection on the submittals, the first-prize winner can receive a bonus of RMB Three Million Seven Hundred Thousand Yuan (¥3,700,000.00) (tax included) (including the design integration fee of RMB Two Million Two Hundred Thousand Yuan [¥2,200,000.00]), and the second-prize winner can receive a bonus of RMB Eight Hundred Thousand Yuan (¥800,000.00) (tax included). The winning firm shall revise, optimize and deepen the design according to the experts’ review comments and the Organizers’ requirements and based on making use of the strengths & highlights of the other schemes, in which, the design of 5 key sections, namely the Central Park, North Section of the Middle Axis, Xinji River Green Belt, the section across Dongguan Avenue, and the section across Sanyuan Road, etc., shall reach the detailing level of scheme design. The Organizers will give priority to the winning firm for the detailed design of the implemented plan. The second-prize winner shall attend the workshops (not exceeding 2 times and no more than 1 day per time; on-site participation) in the design integration and detailing stage, and the designer-in chief shall attend in person.
The commercial documents, including project experience and design team, etc., shall be submitted by applicants in the official registration stage. Design firms that intend to sign up are welcome to send us the pre-registration form by [email protected] for pre-registration. We will notify those design firms in time when the official announcement is released. Whether the registration is successful or not depends on the formal registration.
For more follow up information, please feel free to contact AIMIR or visit our website. If you’re interested in architectural visualization for this competition or marketing, you’re more than welcome to touch base with us anytime. We provide professional 3D rendering service tailored to each client’s individual needs and give our clients the ability to share their unique stories through 3D rendering.