Ⅰ. Project Overview:
To take advantage of the great opportunity of building national medical centers initiated by the National Health Commission, accelerate the construction of Nansha as the sub-center and gateway hub of Guangzhou, and create a highland for medical treatment in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (the Greater Bay Area) joining hands with key industry leaders, the Nansha District Government and the Dental Hospital Affiliated to Sun Yat-sen University have decided to set up a high-level dental hospital in this area, i.e. the Dental Hospital Affiliated to Sun Yat-sen University (Nansha).
Ⅱ. Work Contents: (subject to the official Technical Documents)
- Functional positioning: The Project aims to provide quality medical services, accelerate the commercialization of frontier scientific research results, develop high-end medical talents, offer targeted solution to the less-established medical and scientific research facilities in Nansha, the Greater Bay Area and even South China, and create a new highland of medical treatment and scientific research and an international medical center in Nansha and the Greater Bay Area.
- Site location and scope: The Project is planned in the west of Hengli Island, Pearl Bay Kick-off Zone, Nansha, neighboring provincial highway S111 (aka. Ling Xin Da Dao) on the west and facing the on-going First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University (Nansha) across Heng Li Zhong Lu. Its planned site area is 26,696sqm and green space area 2,556sqm.
- Project size: The Project is planned with a gross floor area of 94,000sqm, containing 200 beds and 400 dental units. The main construction contents include 200-bed medical facilities required for a specialized hospital (including emergency, outpatient, medical technology, inpatient, BOH, administration, and living functions), medical technology building, ordinary inpatient building, international health care building, scientific research center and teaching center, dormitory building and site works. The total investment of the Project is estimated at RMB1.03 billion.
Ⅲ. Means of Competition:
With reference to the architectural SD competition of similar public building projects in Guangzhou, open registration is adopted for the Competition, namely the Announcement of Competition will be released on relevant media to accept registration of design firms within and outside China. A prequalification committee will prequalify registered firms and select 10 of them as official participants.
Ⅳ. Registration Eligibility
1. Local design firms must be an independent juristic person and possess a valid comprehensive Class A qualification for engineering design, or Class A qualification for building industry engineering design, or Class A qualification for building industry (constructional engineering) design issued by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development. They are allowed to register as either independent or consortium applicant；for the latter, at least one member should hold one of the three qualifications mentioned above.
2. There is no qualification requirement for foreign-funded or overseas design firms (including those from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao). They may register as either independent or consortium applicant, providing they hold a Certificate of Approval for Establishment of Enterprises with Foreign Investment in the PRC or a Certificate of Approval for Establishment of Enterprises with Investment from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao and Overseas Chinese in the PRC.
3. Foreign-funded or overseas design firms (including those from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao) without the aforesaid certificate should provide the certification of incorporation (translated into Chinese if the original is in a foreign language), and must register for the Competition in the form of consortium joining hands with a local design firm satisfying the requirements provided in paragraph (1).
4. Different organizations that have one same legal representative (including a prospective applicant and its parent company, holding companies and wholly-owned subsidiaries) are not allowed to register for the Competition at the same time, unless they form a consortium.
5. Applicants must have provided design service within the recent five years (after January 1st, 2014) for at least one hospital with a contractual size of 80,000 sqm (or above) (including new construction, reconstruction or expansion) or at least one dental hospital with a contractual size of 30,000 sqm (or above) (including new construction, reconstruction or expansion). (It is required to provide the photocopies of the key pages of the contract; the design task must include any of the conceptual design, SD, DD, and CD design and the required period for design experience should be subject to the date of contract).
6. Requirements on credit standing: The applicant should have a good credit standing in the industry and should not get involved in such conditions as its business license or qualifications being revoked, or being requested to stop business for rectification, or its properties being taken over or frozen, or entering bankruptcy proceedings (it is required to provide a corresponding statement affixed with the corporate seal).
7. The proposed designers for the Project should be on the pay roll of the applicant, and the proposed project principal must have directed similar design projects and must directly participate throughout the Competition and the architectural SD work (provide the Commitment Letter together with ① photocopies of effective employment contract signed between the members of the proposed design team for the Project and the applicant or ② certificates of social insurance paid by the applicant for the members of the proposed design team for the Project from May 2019 to July 2019, both affixed with the corporate seal of the applicant).
8. The Competition accepts consortium applicants, but each consortium should have no more than 2 members.
Ⅴ. Process of Competition:
1. The Announcement of Competition will be released on the aforesaid websites and media on Aug.30th.2019.
2. Applicants must register at the e-registration system (http://suppliers.chinapsp.cn) of the Organization Agent and fill in the Registration Form (see Appendix 1) by 17:00, Sep.16th, 2019.
3. Applicants should deliver or mail the hardcopy of the Registration Documents for Prequalification (see Appendix 2; one set in A4 booklet form) to the Organization Agent by 17:00, Sep.16th, 2019(subject to the delivery time). Late delivery will not be accepted.
4. Applicants must at the same time upload the Registration Documents for Prequalification (both PDF and WORD versions with due signature and corporate seal) to the e-registration system (http://suppliers.chinapsp.cn) of the Organization Agent as required.
5. The Prequalification Committee established by the Host will review the qualification of all the registered applicants and select 10 from them as official participants.
Ⅵ. Fees and Method of Payment:
The first three places of the Competition will each receive RMB 1 million as copyright payment and design compensation. The first place will also get the SD right and conclude an SD contract with Guangzhou Nansha Development Zone (District) Construction Center (Construction Project Agent Construction Bureau of Nansha District, Guangzhou) with the SD service fee calculated according to the Charging Standards for Engineering Survey and Design. The fourth, fifth and sixth places will each receive RMB 500,000 as copyright payment and design compensation. The seventh, eighth and ninth places will receive RMB 200,000 as copyright payment and design compensation. The tenth place will not receive any payment.
The details and information for this competition can be acquired by visiting this website: http://www.abbs.com.cn/news/readn.php?cate=3&recid=36870