According to the requirements of the Plan for Shenzhen Park of The Hetao Shenzhen-Hong Kong Science and Technology Innovation Cooperation Zone approved by the State Council, and taking the leading area for Shenzhen-Hong Kong S&T Innovation and Cooperation, the experimental field for international advanced S&T innovation rules, and the aggregation area for pre-production tests in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA) as the orientation, The Hetao Shenzhen-Hong Kong Science and Technology Innovation Cooperation Zone aims at building a world-class science and technology innovation hub, focusing on six major areas of medical science and technology, big data/artificial intelligence, robot, new materials, microelectronics, and fintech, carrying out cutting-edge science and technology exploration and key technology R&D, mastering a number of core and common key technologies, and providing strong support for the construction of an international world-class science and technology innovation center in the GBA.
As the core area directly having dialogue with the Hong Kong Park of the Cooperation Zone and the top priority of the Shenzhen Park of the Cooperation Zone, the International Collaborative Innovation Zone will be developed into a world-class scientific research park in the future, and build high-quality scientific research laboratory space, open and shared park public space, ecological and green planning, and construction concepts and intelligent and advanced park operation system to become the pacesetter for the planning and construction of the scientific research park.
Located on the east side of Futian District, Shenzhen (see Figure 1 for details), within the former Huanggang Port Cargo Inspection Area, adjacent to the border between Shenzhen and Hong Kong, and close to the Huanggang Port and Futian Port, the International Collaborative Innovation Zone (hereinafter referred to as the “Collaborative Innovation Zone”) Phase I of The Hetao Shenzhen-Hong Kong Science and Technology Innovation Cooperation Zone (hereinafter referred to as the “Cooperation Zone”) faces the Hong Kong Park of the Shenzhen Park of The Hetao Shenzhen-Hong Kong Science and Technology Innovation Cooperation Zone (named: Hong Kong-Shenzhen Innovation and Technology Park) across the Shenzhen River. Boasting excellent location, transportation, supporting facilities and ecology, this Area is planned as the core functional area of the Shenzhen-Hong Kong Science and Technology Innovation Cooperation Zone, indicating the strategic significance for the future development of Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
– Current land use
Current location of the Project remains the cargo inspection function of the Huanggang Port. After the cancellation of cargo function and the completion of land consolidation work, the land will be released.
– Current situation of surrounding area
The northwest corner of the Project is concentrated on a myriad of residential and office buildings with a height of about 100 meters, and the residential and office buildings along the street are about 100 meters away from the Project site. The southwest direction of the Project serves as a port hub, echoing the Hong Kong Park, which is planned as a R&D and higher education base, across the Shenzhen River.
The design scope of the Tender is the North Area Section 2 Project.
- There are no qualification restrictions for the registration of the Tender. Bidding applicants must be legally registered independent legal persons, partnership enterprise or other organizations.
- Application of a consortium with less than two member units (including the leading unit) is acceptable. Consortium members must not apply again on its own or with other design units as another consortium. Consortium members should sign a Consortium Agreement with legal force and clarify the leading agency, the work division and rights and interests of all parties.
- The application of individuals or individual groups is not accepted. (The pre-qualification document requirements shall prevail at last.
The Project adopts open tender (pre-qualification), which is divided into Stage I: Pre-qualification Stage, Stage II: Scheme Bidding Stage, and Stage III: Bid Selection Stage.
Stage I: Pre-qualification Stage
- The Project adopts the open bidding form to carry out comprehensive review of the pre-qualification application documents, determining five shortlisted agencies (without ranking) and two alternative agencies (with ranking).
- After the public announcement of pre-qualification results with no objection, the pre-qualified and shortlisted agencies should submit the Bidding Confirmation Letter according to the prescribed time, and the Host will issue the tender documents to agencies that have submitted the Bid Confirmation Letter. If a shortlisted agency gives up participation in the next-stage scheme bidding, it should submit the No-Bid Letter to the Host. If the bidder having submitted the Bidding Confirmation Letter withdraws midway or abandons the bid eventually due to non-force majeure, the Host has the right to refuse the bidder to participate in the Host’s other construction projects in the future.
- Principles of alternative agency replacement
- If a shortlisted agency is discovered to have provided false documents or be suspected of falsification during the public announcement of the pre-qualification results, it will be disqualified and replaced with alternative agencies in sequence.
- If the shortlisted agency fails to submit the Bidding Confirmation Letter on time or clearly withdraws from the next-stage scheme bidding, the alternative agency will substitute it in sequence.
- If any of the bidding agencies withdraws from the next-stage scheme bidding within three working days after the tender documents are released, the alternative agency will substitute it in sequence. If there is a withdrawal after the deadline, no alternative agency will substitute.
Stage II: Scheme Bidding Stage
The Host should set up a bid review jury according to the law, carry out open bidding review for bidding schemes (subject to on-site bidding presentation by the project leader/chief designer), and recommend the top three shortlisted candidates (without ranking) to enter the Bid Selection Stage.
Stage III: Bid Selection Stage
The Host should set up a bid selection jury according to the law and regulations, and determine one winner among the three shortlisted candidates recommended by the scheme bid review jury.
* All times are subject to Beijing time and are tentative. The Host has the to adjust the schedule according to the real work situation.
The upper limit price for the bidding is RMB 40 million.The shortlisted agencies will make their own quotation according to the scheme within the upper limit price (The official tender documents shall prevail at last).
Compensation for Bid Failure
The total compensation for bid failure is RMB 3.2 million, of which:
- RMB 800,000 for each of the four agencies that has entered the bid review stage but failed to win the bid.
- The bidder will not pay the compensation for the bidding scheme that has entered bid review stage but is judged by the bid review jury to be in violation of the veto clauses of the tender documents and treated as rejected one, or deemed by the bid review jury as failure to meet the depth and requirements of the tender documents. The official tender documents shall prevail at last.
Host: Shenzhen-Hong Kong Science and Technology Innovation Cooperation Zone Development Co., Ltd
Tender Consulting Planning: Shenzhen Ehow R&d Center
Tender Agency: Shenzhen Trading Consulting Group
The announcement is published on AIMIR’s website now. If you want to know more following details regarding to this competition, please feel free to contact AIMIR. What’s more, you’re more than welcome to touch base with us if you need architectural visualization.